Pages

How do you know when you've found "The Dress"?

When you watch all those bridal shows (Say Yes to the Dress, etc), they just KNOW, and have tears streaming down their faces. I tried on a dress that I liked the best of the 10 or so I've tried on (and the hundreds I've seen online). It's gorgeous, it flatters me, I looked great in it. It's exactly suited to our venue, and it met all the criteria I had in mind for my dress. It just didn't give me that "it's the one!" feeling.

Did you all have that feeling? Or is it a myth? Or maybe it's just not the type of person I am?

I think it depends on the bride. Whenever I accompanied someone dress shopping, there was never tears (and if there was it was the MOB crying because her daughter is getting married--not the dress). Sure there were ABSOLUTE nos and a few maybes but when she made her decision, it wasn't as dramatic as they make it on the show.  For me, I tried on a few gowns, all looked awesome but when I slid into the one I chose- the first thing I noted was that it wasn't itchy on my ankles like the others and has a "ahhhhh" feeling before I saw it on. It looked pretty in the mirror and was a great price so I said "hey-what the heck, I'll buy it..." and I did. So it might be a myth or it just might be an "ah-ha!" moment for some brides, but not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment