Pages

Just need a place to vent

Wedding planning is going well and our big day is in 2 months.

Something that I'm struggling with is the family members I invited. Our Bridal Shower is coming up in a few weeks and only 1 person from my entire family responded yes. That's it. I mean, I have friends and my fiance's family that is coming and we have have a little over 40 people, but it's just so disappointing.

My family has been through some rough times (like any family). Both of my parents were "oops" babies and their next closest siblings are ~15 years older than them. So that means all of my counsins are way older than me, and my aunts and uncles are often mistaken as my grandparents.

There has been a ton of death on my father's side that has kind of torn his family apart. And my mother's side is a mess due to conflictions of care for my elderly grandmother.

With all that being said, I hardly ever see my family. It's just really disappointing that no one wants to support me at my bridal shower because I attended all of my cousin's things in the past, but now that our family has fallen apart, no one will support me on my day.

It just sucks and thank you for listening to me vent.

1 comment: