Pages

Revolving guest list

Our venue only has 78 chairs and probably couldn't fit m/any more people (though with us included we'll have a headcount of 80 total.

Our first guest list had 124 people, which we both felt was the bare minimum. Until this place (which is lovely!) was the only one we could afford. Because of that, whenever someone on our abbreviated list has to cancel, we are grateful to add back someone we had to remove before.

My best friend's brother has relinquished his seat for my dad's brother (I'm not very close with my alcoholic dad or his side of the family) but my aunt has assumed she's invited too. They're camping this weekend and asked me to text them with info or call them on Monday, so I texted them the date and will call them on Monday to break the bad news about only having 1 seat open.

Ugh. I'm sure they'll understand, but my aunt is definitely going to be upset. I hope she doesn't give me too much grief. Anybody else dealt with something similar and have any words of advice or encouragement? Horror stories are good to share too.

No comments:

Post a Comment