Pages

Leica I, II or III help


Ok, ran across a Leica II body that seems to work. Only issue is that is seems to have a some sort of Russian film spool inside instead of the original Leica and it doesn't engage with the film wind mechanism.

I can't quite figure out how the original is supposed to function so that I can modify it to work.

Does anyone have a Leica I II or III with an original Leica film spool that can post some good pictures of it (outside, inside, top down, bottom up) so I can figure out how it's supposed to work?

This one has me scratching my head. I can buy a replacement (and apparently the ones from Canon screw mount rangefinders work also) but they go for almost P3,000 by themselves. I have this option of swapping the whole wind assembly spindle and film spool from a Russian made Zorki. I was hoping to leave the body as original as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment