Pages

Aside from post editing, what IS the difference of HOW light is processed in film/digital cameras?

I believe I was mentioning that and how film cameras see light differently than digital. NOT that light is DIFFERENT! If you were a photon called Golden light, and you had the choice to enter the lens of a film camera or a digital camera, which camera lens would you enter into? Would you agree that a digital camera can do more with light than a film camera? There is the difference & light still remains light! Would you agree that RAW/METADATA is far more useful than a negative film strip? Darkrooms are archaic. Are you getting my point, OR do you still want to argue that I claimed Light is different with film cameras? Is it conceptual semantics you are having a problem with? I shot film for years and when Digital came along I was so relieved at how much more I could do with it. I do not have to guess anymore I have a histogram. I can do what Film cameras cannot do like; see a playback, delete shot, have more than 36 shots to work with, etc.... I learned a lot from shooting in Manual on film cameras as well as knowing LIGHT, that made the transition easy for me. Don't think for a minute that I am a new bee to photography. I was mentored by a professional photographer, not in a classroom. I worked in the field along side him for years. MY knowledge of photography is grounded in practical practice. I wonder if your persistence is more about your need to prove your point even though it is skewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment