Pages

Simple ways to save on your wedding budget

Well, I made all of my flowers and even my bouquet. I used coffee filters and hand painted them, they really looked like real flowers and everyone was impressed. My main goal was to be easier on the environment and have something that would last a long time, the end result was fantastic. Tissue paper poms you make yourself can be very inexpensive and add a lot of color.

Food was one of the bigger expenses. We didn't skimp there, but I've seen a lot of brides making their own munchies (veggie trays, bread+dip, cookies etc) for when pictures are being taken.

Another area to cut costs would be to find a wedding dress that is previously worn. I found mine used from a Hong Kong boutique, and it was in perfect condition. Jewelry can be borrowed and I found my shoes in an antique store.

The cake can be expensive, but most people now are having a smaller cake for cutting and pictures, and are then having a sheet cake in the back. I found cheap bubbles from Greenhills and dressed them up with tulle.

You can make your own favors, edible ones you make yourself (like truffles, caramel/chocolate covered pretzel sticks) can be affordable. The venue is going to be the biggest expense. Set a budget for yourself and then make it work, then ask yourself what you really *need*.

No comments:

Post a Comment