Pages

I want to build a studio in my garage

I decided I will convert my garage into a studio. I want to texture one wall, maybe in three sections, like a brick wall section, plaster section and maybe a drywall falling off section.

I will also get some backdrops. I will need an AC unit as well.

I'll get some strobes, al least two or three, and maybe some props too.

I will park my vehicles in the garage, except for the time of photo-shoots of course.

I'll need to hire some models to practice my lighting, and maybe in time, if I get good enough, I can charge a small fee for my work.

I really want to get the hang of lighting and the shadows but I won't spend a ton. I found the Chinese screw-in flash units that are about P1500 work really well. Get two or three that work as master or slave. Got a radio slave setup so you can trigger your flashes WITHOUT connecting them to your camera as I suspect they could be high-voltage trigger cables.

B&H has some great lightstands and background supports in their budget range. You can also get slightly cheaper off sulit. Umbrellas and flash mounts just get off sulit also. You can set up to use speedlites as your flash setup if you want but that's an expensive way of doing it though very portable. 

As for backgrounds - I don't make plans - I just make use of what's available and do it cheap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment