Pages

Bad experience with Zale's for wedding bands

I just had the crappiest experience with buying plain white gold bands online from Zale's. One was a men's 4.0 mm in size 9, the other was a women's 2.0mm in size 6.5.

First, they offered free FedEx shipping on purchases over $150--which they did not deliver.

Second, they misrepresented the availability of the bands and then insisted that they were listed as "special orders" at the time of purchase. (I have a screenshot of my shopping cart showing this not to be the case.)

Third, they were rude and evasive. When I called to follow up a week later, this is what one customer service rep told me:

"When the site says that an item is located in stock, that means the MATERIALS are available to be made into a ring. It takes time to make these beautiful things for you. It's a ring, it's not a shirt."

A second said, "You were told FOUR times before you checked out that these items were special orders."

When I tried to tell him that I wasn't told once, and that I had a screenshot and an email invoice that completely refuted his claim, he began reciting store policies over me. The service staff was so incredibly rude and argumentative that I finally cancelled the order.

I just wanted to share this with people here, in case they're thinking of buying wedding bands from Zales. My advice would be run, don't walk, to a better jeweler.

No comments:

Post a Comment