Pages

Thoughts on event planning

As I said, I'm a salesman. When I sell, I don't sell by features. I sell by need fulfillment. This is a cheese and tomato sandwich. It is made of bread, butter, cheese and red tomatoes. It costs P200 and is plastic wrapped and was made by slave labor.

This is very different from...

Our delicious new cheese and tomato sandwich, made from zesty sun-ripened tomatoes grown in organic fields and cheese hand made from free range cows awaits your delectation. Every luxurious bite fills you with wholesome goodness and no artificial ingredients. All that for the tiny sum of P200

OK so I overegged the sales pitch. The point I'm making is that we sell to a need rather than selling features. We're dealing with people rather than machines. So, that being said my ultimate question...

What exactly are we selling when it comes to photography during events? I'd probably have made more of a success of photography as an event business is I wasn't blundering about trying to sell pictures. For the life of me I cannot fathom why anybody would actually hire a photographer other than to do something they can't do themselves. Any suggestions/ideas/comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment